Sign in to follow this  
Sara

Raid Suggestion

@Indian and I (mainly Indian) came up with a suggestion for raids, and I feel like this could be added to the game quite easily at how great of a job the current owners are doing. Here it is:

Add in Raids potions to be bought with Raid Points after each run. Currently in one solo raid you use (on average) 7-8 brews. I feel that while yeah we can buy Overloads, it should be fair we can also buy the other potions. I know it is going to viewed as bad because raids can be a nice brew-sink to the community, but maybe we can add in a little spice and give each potion the respective herblore level requirement as well.

Xeric's aid (+)  = A potion that boosts the players Hitpoints and Defence, while draining the players Strength, Attack, Magic, and Ranged. It can be made ONLY with 78 herblore. 

Revitalisation (+) = A potion that restores the players stats and drained prayer. It can be made ONLY with 78 herblore.

Prayer Enhance (+) = A potion that restores the players prayer over the course of 290 seconds (5 minutes pretty much). It can only be made with 78 Herblore.

Overload (+) = A potion that boosts all the players combat stats by 6 + 16% (works fine), while damaging the player for 50 HP. This boost is repeated every 15 seconds for five minutes until the effects wear off, and the player is then healed 50 HP. It can only be made with 90 Herblore.

Here's what I'm proposing. Add in all these potions in the shop to be bought with Raid Points (I know overloads already are, and they deserve to be 1.5k points). Add in Xeric's Aid + Revitalization + Prayer Enhance Potion's for Raid Points as well. Allow us ONLY to be able to buy these potions with the respective herblore level required. 

Points-wise: Overloads allow them to remain at 1.5k Points as I feel it's justified and fair. Indian told me you can receive 2,800 points per solo run. Allow each Xeric's Aid/Revitalization/Prayer Enhance potions to be purchased from the raid shop for 50-100 Raid Points each. It makes sense to make them low points as you will end up using about 7-8 Brews a run. Points can be adjusted based on what the Owners want them to be.  I kind of feel its justified having the Herblore level requirement being there because at the point of this post, we can't skill in raids, so we might as well be forced to have the requirement at least to use them. 

********THESE POTIONS WILL OBVIOUSLY ONLY BE ALLOWED TO BE USED IN RAIDS********

That's all =) Thanks' for reading the post and let me know what you guys think about this.

2 minutes ago, Precision said:

So here is the first draft of a raids shop I came up with 2 weeks ago

eea5754e66dbd988b035e3b9ea4d9d50.png

I feel like the Saradomin brew (4) and Super Restore (4) reqs to purchase shouldn't be there, it should instead be the herblore level. Everything on the potions other than that looks fine. The Herb box is pretty fair, 2 purchases an hour I like that cap. 

The coal bag is pretty OP in my opinion for unlimited coal, especially because rune bars/addy bars are gruesome to make because of how many coal you need for that ratio. Maybe allow coal to be reduced to the same way it is in Blast Furnace on OSRS. It cuts the amount of coal required by half. Maybe allow it to only have 200 Coal at a time so you have to occasionally refill it.

The Gloves of Silence seem to be somewhat OP as well but I feel like that'd be pretty fair. Maybe give the user a 25% chance of getting double yield, and when they do they have a chance at double xp for that trap.

The Strung Rabbit Foot is pretty fair in my opinion, but with how easy of a skill thieving is, it should be reduced to a 10% chance of receiving a 2nd item. The only thing I'd say to this is monitor spamclicking a bit more apart from the random quizzes that appear on screen to ensure this isn't easily abused. But I doubt it would be considering someone with 1.9k+ total and 120k raid points wouldn't risk their account I'd feel.

16 hours ago, Sara said:

I feel like the Saradomin brew (4) and Super Restore (4) reqs to purchase shouldn't be there, it should instead be the herblore level. Everything on the potions other than that looks fine. The Herb box is pretty fair, 2 purchases an hour I like that cap. 

The coal bag is pretty OP in my opinion for unlimited coal, especially because rune bars/addy bars are gruesome to make because of how many coal you need for that ratio. Maybe allow coal to be reduced to the same way it is in Blast Furnace on OSRS. It cuts the amount of coal required by half. Maybe allow it to only have 200 Coal at a time so you have to occasionally refill it.

The Gloves of Silence seem to be somewhat OP as well but I feel like that'd be pretty fair. Maybe give the user a 25% chance of getting double yield, and when they do they have a chance at double xp for that trap.

The Strung Rabbit Foot is pretty fair in my opinion, but with how easy of a skill thieving is, it should be reduced to a 10% chance of receiving a 2nd item. The only thing I'd say to this is monitor spamclicking a bit more apart from the random quizzes that appear on screen to ensure this isn't easily abused. But I doubt it would be considering someone with 1.9k+ total and 120k raid points wouldn't risk their account I'd feel.

To your first point, we have discussed the fact that making raids completely free of supply use is a bad decision, which is why I have the potions in there as a purchase requirement.

To your second point, currently all bars only require 1 coal to make. We also have a furnace coming with the myths guild that will not even require coal at all, so i’m considering scrapping the coal bag anyway. 

To your third point, the gloves being a perm double yield was because of the slow hunter catch speed. This is because of the way our hunter code works, where only 1 trap is technically active at any time. Because of this, there is no difference in xp between 2 traps and 5 traps. On osrs every trap is active independently of each other.  

bumping this because would like to see it added, it seems to be a forgotten suggestion