Sign in to follow this  
PizzaBoy

State of the server

I've been keeping an eye on the server from a far, waiting for the day we'd get a post from either @Matt or @Park on whats going on.

I also know they server has had a few resets in the past which hurts the longevity of the game but as we all know they were needed. 

Not trying to be an asshole or anything but just from what I'm seeing the people in charge of this server have lost faith which is rather said but at the same time completely understandable.

I remember seeing a whole bunch of people who would do anything to see the server succeed but have gotten fed up and have done some stupid ass shit which I do feel should be forgiven as they players were the backbone of the server.

@Dark did some shady shit and all but was always online helping new and older players and just wanted the server to succeed.

@Setup Not sure what happened to you but I've noticed that you also do deeply care about the server and wanted nothing more then it to become what it used to.

@Insta Was a big part of why osv was a good server. youtube videos helped bring some people in and all around a good guy.. I know that you recently had twins and have such moved back to real runescape aswell.

@Chase May have not been the easiest guy to get along with, may have been a little bit of an ass if I'm honest, also did some stupid shit to get banned which was hard to believe as you didn't come off as a guy like that but none the less cared deeply about the server and wanted to help and see it grow.

These are just a few of the many people that I've noticed that really gave a rats ass about the server and should be brought back in somehow to help bring life back to Osv. Not saying they should be given a Staff position but should have some sort of direct contact with @Matt and @Park and their ideas should be taken serious.

Now @Matt and @Park I know you both have read countless threads and suggestions from many people to revive  the server some may come off as harsh but others simply wanting osv to become more. I am by no means trying to hurt you're feelings or to come off as an asshole but something really does need to change. I do feel that the server should be reset but things should be put into place to allow the server to maintain its life for much longer some ideas are as follow;

Get rid of the last 2 donor ranks, Divine and whatever it is (been awhile since I've actively played" these 2 ranks are honestly uncalled for and are super op.

Get rid of all the mystery boxes, yes they may be something cool but all they do is bring too many good items into the game essentially killing the economy.

Lower the exp rates, yes this is a private server we play it to level up fast and so on and so fourth, but for most people they get bored after maxing there for they quit and never come back.

Fix up donor zone. Having a donor zone is always nice and its a little gift for us supporting the server but the current donor zone is boring. Make donor zones for each rank say $10 donor has the bare minimum zone, while Legendary has the Angler fishing spot, gem mines etc. (I couldn't think of the best wording for this but hopefully you get the point)

Youtubers, easier then it sounds but there are plenty out there and Osv needs a group of our own youtubers who solely promote the server.

jJust to name a few ideas, if you're interested get in contact with me via forums and I can also go throughout the suggestion part of forums and pick out ones I feel would benefit the server and go from there.

Remember to always eat pizza!

Valiant, but I do not think anything will change. Its been way to long to be relevant anymore. 

Too many things were left to go to shit, and quite frankly it is obvious that it is not worth the effort, concern, or even motive to change. 

Staff gave up, and the server turned into a passive money pot. simple. 

I always wish the best for OSV but the server is way past its time, at the least it is running. 

travis,why u say staf give up,that isnt true,

Halp,insta and park are reg.online

there need to be done alot thats true,we have a base of old players  and there are also new players who play,only thing is that the amount who is online not high is...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, vuurvlam said:

travis,why u say staf give up,that isnt true,

Halp,insta and park are reg.online

there need to be done alot thats true,we have a base of old players  and there are also new players who play,only thing is that the amount who is online not high is...

I love osv and have since I started almost 4 years ago now. It is sad to see more times than not, that you may be the only player online for hours. I just feel if they really wanted to make a change it would’ve been done by now, rather than let a server sit and rot. Same problems as it has always been: lack of adverts, YouTube BS, lack of content and updates/patches, and the sketchy weird attacks that we get hit with. 

Not to be mean or anything but the cost for adverts should be nothing in comparison to the amount this server has grossed. It doesn’t take much effort to reach out to an artist to create a proper banner for adverts. From there on it’s not hard to buy advert space online. 

Edit:

Many many players have suggested many updates fixes etc. this post is a prime example. But I do not think any of these posts have successfully made any real changes, or even provoked any serious effort towards improvement. If anything they divide the community by personal opinion, they give false sense of progress, and bring out only the worst of OSV. Like there are issues that have been present since my first day of playing. 100% known issues that just have been ignored. Most are tolerable, but that doesn’t reflect well. 

There is maybe a couple things I can get behind here. I believe we should have separate exp rates. As in modes for all. Some people like the OS mode but why not have more options expanding on that. I could get behind that idea, however lowering the rates for everyone is only gonna move people away as some people like a little bit of control when it comes to there own experience. As for the other updates, youtubers would be nice however I don't see them increasing the population on a server that is very very lacking on updates. Most servers are already pushing out hydras and what not and we can't even get raids 2. There needs to be a crap ton of bug fixes and general gameplay updates before we start worrying about ranks in game and donator store items. I personally opened 3 super mboxes and got nothing but random mats. So personally I don't see how these boxes are that op. However bringing back a cash grab like the well wouldn't be a bad idea, but making it less OP.

All in all I just feel like there is a lot more we need to work on then the mentioned things above.

Carbz#0123 is my discord, pleaase invite me ASAP!!!! if anybody gets a chance to read this, I do agree about what you are saaying, but remove super mboxes, not normal mboxes, and also add different xp rates, and the lower you are the more rewarding it is to motivate players further, but please invite me to the discord Carbz #0123 PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE also i'm a youtuber and will be making videos to help improve the server as much as i can possible

17 hours ago, iron Carbz said:

Carbz#0123 is my discord, pleaase invite me ASAP!!!! if anybody gets a chance to read this, I do agree about what you are saaying, but remove super mboxes, not normal mboxes, and also add different xp rates, and the lower you are the more rewarding it is to motivate players further, but please invite me to the discord Carbz #0123 PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE also i'm a youtuber and will be making videos to help improve the server as much as i can possible